Car Rental in Iran, Everything You Need to Know
Car rental would be a decent option to explore the fascinating country of Iran for different routes and destinations. Iran is blessed with outstanding landscapes and nature due to its varied climate; Therefore, if you are a nature lover or an adventure seeker, you can rent a car, drive at your own pace and stop wherever you want.
While traveling to Iran, you also have the option of renting a car with a driver and avoid the complications of driving in a foreign land. However, if you want to be entirely in control of your trip and enjoy driving, you can rent a car without a driver. It is totally up to you to choose your desired option.
Grasp the fresh air of nature and let the ultimate beauty that this gorgeous country offers amaze you.
How Can You Rent a Car in Iran?
There are different ways for car rental in Iran, but probably the easiest one is to rent your desired car at the airport when you arrive. Almost all of the main Iranian airports, such as Imam Khomeini International Airport or IKIA, allow you to rent a car. The only thing that you need to do is to find the car rental counter, fill the document, and receive your vehicle. The online process of car rental in Iran is available as well. You can fill the online documents with your information and choose your car. The car can be delivered to you at any location that you desire, such as your hotel or at the airport.
If you need any help during the car rental process, you can contact Termeh Travel and use our online support 24/7.
What Documents Do You Need to Rent a Car in Iran?
Car rental in Iran is an easy process. First of all, to rent a vehicle, you need to be at least 19 years old, you need to have a copy of your valid visa, passport, flight ticket, the specifications, and a copy of the valid lease agreement.
The wonderful news is that you do not need an international driving license, and your local driving license would be valid unless you are going to stay in Iran for more than six months. Since international credit cards are not allowed in Iran, you also need to pay for the car rental in cash. However, the option of having an Iranian credit card for tourists is available. You can apply for these credit cards prior to your trip, or even when you arrive in Iran.
Is It Safe to Drive in Iran?
Driving in Iran can be safe if you have the experience of driving in middle eastern countries. You need to be careful because of the difference in driving culture and habits between Iran and western countries. Driving between the cities would be a great experience since the road conditions are quite good on major routes. Most signs are written in both English and Persian, so you do not need to be worried about getting lost.
Driving in big cities such as Tehran can get a little bit crazy because of the traffic and population of it. However, using online applications such as Waze and Google Maps can help you find a route with less traffic. For learning more about driving in Iran, you can check out “All You Need to Know about Driving in Iran.”
What Are the Pros and Cons of Car Rental in Iran?
There are many good reasons that could convince you to rent a car in Iran. However, some disadvantages must be mentioned to help you start doing the car rental process more carefully and get familiar with differences beforehand.
Why Car Rental Is a Good Choice in Iran?
- The most important feature that makes car rental in Iran a good option is the fact that there is no limitation for you. When you have a car, you can start driving at any moment of the day and stop in different locations as many times as you want. This way, your trip becomes totally flexible, and you are free to experience Iran in the way you like.
Also, if you have children, you will face many surprises on the road, so having a car makes your trip more comfortable.
- The condition of roads in Iran are pretty good, and the landscape is out of this world, which gives you an enjoyable time when you are driving in this wonderful country.
- Gas prices in Iran are low, therefore driving in this country would totally be convenient.
- While driving in Iran, you do not need to worry about mileage limitations. You are allowed to drive from south to north of this beautiful country, take your time and discover every little piece of it.
- The rented cars in Iran are fully insured, so in case of any unforeseen events, you can make sure that the damages will be minimized.
- For renting a car in Iran, the wonderful news is that you do not need to have an international driving license, since your local driving license is acceptable, if you are staying in Iran for less than six months.
What Are the Downsides of Car Rental in Iran?
- The major thing that you, as a non-Iranian, need to deal with while renting a car in Iran is the cultural difference when it comes to driving. Although the driving rules are the same, Iranians can be reckless sometimes while driving. Therefore, you need to be extra careful, patient, and focus on your driving.
- The heavy traffic in major cities can be bothersome for some people, especially those who are unfamiliar with this kind of situation. Besides using driving applications such as Waze, you may want to avoid rush hours, which are between 7 to 9 AM and 5 to 8 PM.
There are many unique experiences that can only be found in this land, so Iran must be on the top of your destinations list. The fact that Iran is a four-season country and has excellent weather can be tempting enough to book your next flight to this ancient country.